When you want to share access to your Google Analytics account, you should not share your Google username and password. The best way to go about sharing access to a new vendor — if it’s for web development, SEO, marketing, or anything else — is to add them as a new user.
It’s super easy.
Here’s how Google Support explains to website owners how to add as many new users as needed. To add a new user to an account/property/view:
2. Click Admin, and navigate to the desired account/property/view.
3. In the Account, Property, or View column (depending upon whether you want to add users at the account, property, or view level), click User Management.
4. In the Account users list, click +, then click Add new users.
5. Enter the email address for the user’s Google Account.
6. Select Notify new users by email to send a message to the user.
7. Select the permissions you want. Learn more about permissions.
8. Click Add.
And that’s it!
It’s not a bad idea to look at what users are listed from time to time and remove any users that are no longer needed. Especially for any users that have a lot of permissions.
As always, if you have any questions just ask us here at Valet.